The Beginning...

I first came across Sylvanian Families in 2004 and I instantly fell in love with them.  It was the house and the furniture that I fell for at the beginning.  I expanded my collection to include figurines afterwards when my mum made a comment that a house is not a home when no one lives in it.  I sometimes doubt if she ever regrets saying that given the number of figurines in my collection has now grown to several hundreds!

I used to wonder if there would be a day when I no longer enjoy collecting Sylvanian Families.  But it has been almost 7 years and it is still a pleasant journey to me.




I collect Sylvanian Families and I also play with them.  How do I define "play"?  I set up various scenes according to the theme that I come up with.  Due to limited display space, I change the scene every 2-3 months or when time permits.  It is fun but can be a tiring hobby.   Several hours can easily be spent putting away the kits in boxes and finding the kits for new scene!


0 comments:

Post a Comment